ERP Platform Testing
Implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is a big decision for any organization, since it is closely related to key business processes and has the potential to enhance customer service and experience. To ensure an optimized return on investment, it is critical to have a successful roll-out with the desired features and benefits. With a high failure rate for ERP implementations, it is crucial for organizations to have a comprehensive QA strategy in place.
BeatBlip uncomplicates ERP platform testing and allows organizations to succeed with their ERP adoption. Whether it’s an ERP system relaunch, configuration change or a single data update, BeatBlip can help you test efficiently across a complex and large ERP platform. It helps organizations reduce risks, time and costs associated with such testing. BeatBlip empowers development and testing teams to easily automate ERP software testing and offers a range of other benefits.
- Auto Change Detection: BeatBlip utilizes AI-based auto change detection capabilities to instantly track user interface elements. It delivers additional capabilities to uniquely and reliably identify elements. Due to this mechanism, automated ERP tests are robust against changes in the UI, greatly reducing test maintenance
- Reusable test modules: Allows creation of data-driven tests to make test cases modular, and increase reusability and maintainability. Data-driven testing empowers organizations to aggressively test their ERP software, by executing the same test scenarios, under a variety of data conditions and environment settings.
- Cross-platform & cross-technology support: Enables teams to switch from desktop to web to mobile platforms during the test creation process, and create comprehensive cross-platform and cross-browser testing scenarios. You can write a single code and run it across various environments and devices to validate functionality.
- Tools for testers and developers: Simplifies and democratizes the QA process by allowing codeless ERP test automation. BeatBlip offers a record-and-play functionality for codeless test creation, test automation experts can utilize its command library and SDK kit to design flexible automation scripts from scratch or enhance existing tests in code.
- Multiple Integrations: Integrates with leading ERP solutions such as SAP, PeopleSoft, and Salesforce to ensure that your implementations are top-notch in terms of functionality and performance
- Comprehensive reports: Reduces debugging time with customizable and easily understandable reports. Reports include screenshots and snapshots to help you jump to failed steps straight out of the report.
ERP testing is a QA process wherein the functionality and efficiency of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is verified. The purpose of such testing is to ensure that the ERP system is correctly implemented and operational before the full launch. A good ERP platform testing strategy across multiple stages of the implementation process prevents surprises such as the program crashing at go-live. It also decreases the number of bugs that would otherwise surface post-implementation.
The critical components of ERP platform testing include:
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing
- Performance testing
- Security testing
- Regression Testing
Researches reveal that 50% of the total ERP implementation budget is occupied by testing. Yet a significant number of these implementations fail to meet the pre-defined business expectations. It has to be understood that ERP systems are complex and highly configured, and manual testing cannot ensure the full potential benefit of ERP implementation. Test automation helps improve quality, saves time and costs associated with ERP platform testing.
- Accelerates the implementation time significantly
- ERP can be a complex mesh of many processes and sub-processes, a system with such complexity requires test automation to discover bugs quickly and efficiently.
- Ensures that every process involved in ERP implementation is validated in a correct manner.
- Allows organizations to ensure security and privacy of their ERP data through rigorous testing.
- Helps to ensure that the ERP implementation is able to meet predefined business requirements